We are always looking for talented sales people! If you have a proven track record of driving revenue and building market share we want to talk to you. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Manager of Accounting/Controller
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated individual to join our team as Senior Manager of Accounting/Controller in our Rockville, MD office. The position calls for a hands-on business leader who will manage accounting/reporting functions and supervise one staff accountant. This function requires the ability to schedule, delegate when possible, and complete monthly tasks. These tasks culminate in a monthly close and reporting package and audited results for annual reporting.
The candidate will be able to exercise independent judgment, attention to detail, and provide concise, timely communications. This is a position reporting directly to top management. To be successful in this role, you will need prior experience as an accounting manager or assistant controller in a small (~10M), hands-on environment and to be comfortable wearing many hats. Organizing and prioritizing your and the staff accountant’s workload to meet urgent deadlines are essential skills.
You will be responsible for hands-on management of two general ledgers (one in QBD and one in QBO), a group reporting package, budget, forecasts, compliance with bank agreements and covenants, accounting controls and policies, insurance, contract and job costs, accounts receivable, accounts payable, treasury, taxes and business licenses, management of accounting partners, customer and vendor purchase orders, financial reports and preparing financial presentations. You will work with outsourced HR and benefits providers to coordinate payroll and human resource benefits for approximately 20 employees.
Accounting and Finance Operations Requirements
- Develop and maintain an annual budget, quarterly and yearly forecasts and provide actual-to-budget variance reporting
- Manage all account payables and account receivables
- Plan and execute the monthly closing of the books (Balance Sheet & P&L)
- Maintain the accuracy of the fixed assets (value, correct coding, flows, reconciliation and accruals) and their depreciation
- Ensure intercompany reconciliations are performed and discrepancies are
promptly, fully investigated
- Ensure the accuracy of all accruals and reversals, prepaid accounts and rebills
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts for the legal entities are fully reconciled on a monthly basis (two small operating companies combined ~10M total revenue)
- Ensure the accurate completion of all monthly billing and revenue entries including the preparation of all balance sheet and income statement reconciliations
- Manage internal controls and policies and procedures that relate to revenue recognition, monthly close, and reporting processes
- Review and approve journal entries and GL reconciliations on a weekly and monthly basis
- Perform a detailed review of expense accounts for proper accruals, coding and accounting
- Monitor and enforce the company’s travel and expense policies
- Oversee inter-company transactions.
- Manage all tax topics including income tax return, sales & use tax, state and federal audit
- Review the billing process and maintain deferred revenue (ST/LT) and unbilled accounts receivable balances.
- Identify, research and analyze complex revenue recognition issues. Communicate position to management.
- Ensure timely customer receivable billing and collections. Manage collections issues.
- Coordinate year‐end audit with external auditors and manage the preparation of audit schedules, data, information and financial statements.
- Manage relationships with outside audit firms, casualty/liability insurance agents, tax advisors and outsourced HR and benefits providers
- Hire and manage a staff accountant.
Operations Support Requirements
- Provide direct support to the Chief Revenue Officer with other responsibilities including participation and management of special projects, board meetings, and ad hoc analyses as requested
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Interpret contractual language and identify proper application of accounting policies
- Continually develop, expand and improve
month endclose and financial reporting procedures and streamline close-related activities.
- Collaborate and maintain working relationships with sales and delivery teams
- Partner with the sales team to review contracts from a finance perspective pre-sale to determine whether there are terms that impact revenue recognition and successful operational execution, as well as how best to mitigate financial risk.
- Partner with IT/systems technologist to drive key accounting system initiatives and updates and assist driving change to current systems to improve accuracy and efficiency, as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion and professionalism with sensitive information
- 10+ years of accounting experience and thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with general ledger/journal entries and month-end/
year endclose processes
- Experience creating financial statements
- Excellent accounting software and reporting skills
- Experience with SaaS-based accounting systems, ideally Quick Books Desktop (Enterprise),
QuickbookOnline and SalesForce.com
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion and effectively manage people
- Strong Excel skills, comfortable analyzing and manipulating large data sets
problem solvingskills and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Industry experience in technology construction contracts and perpetual software licensing
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
Please email resumes to email@example.com.
Software Developer/Programmer IV
PURPOSE: Design, develop, troubleshoot and support operation of a management system for enterprise voice and data telecommunications services. Initially this position is on-site at client location in Washington DC., and eventually transfers to Headquarters in Rockville, Maryland.
- Performs requirements analysis, solution design to code and test additional features and local customizations of Ventraq’s web-based software systems that support telecom asset and inventory management, work order processing, cost allocation, vendor invoice reconciliation and data integration/ETL.
- Responsibilities include engaging with users and management, gathering sample inputs & outputs to conduct business process and data analysis, breakdown tasks, estimate effort, manage a delivery schedule and adjust priorities.
- Provides engineering input for QA, training, documentation and operations support of new and enhanced functionality.
- US Citizen
- Active Secret clearance or ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an IT-related field.
- Experience with Pentaho Reporting or other Reporting/Dashboard tools.
- Preferred having strong written and communications skills
- Familiarity with voice and unified communications operations and billing
- Oracle DB performance monitoring, tuning and security
- SOAP and/or RESTful web services development
- Eclipse IDE
- C, C+ programming skills
- Pentaho Data Integration (aka Kettle)
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.